Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What's In Store?

     Today seemed more laidback than usual for a day in summer school.  It probably felt so relaxed because I didn't really have much of a class in Math or English.  Today my math teacher told us about some interesting personal anecdotes of his.  While most of his stories were completely unrelated, sure, they had a guilty pleasure of taking our minds off of class(sometimes you need days like that for relief), they were entertaining but did share some life lessons at the end of it all.  It was refreshing to not dwell much on some numbers but most importantly, I still learned something insightful that a college student may eventually apply to in his/her life.  I appreciate slow days like today now because once I officially hit classes in the Fall, it's ALL GREEN LIGHTS from there. 

     English class felt slightly more eventful except for different reasons than Math Class. It's ironic that in in Math Class we did no written work at all today and more discussion,  English had way less written work than usual but our work was mostly discussion. Our first assignment was to complete the usual handout about parts of speech and then go over it out loud.  But afterwards, we read out of our textbooks on how to revise/proofread an essay. The last part of class was then spent reading, and critiquing\the essays of our fellow classmates regarding our favorite celebrity/entertainer. It was nice to receive constructive criticism from a classmate on how to strengthen our essays.  Since we're actually ahead of the other class, we were release from class- about 35 minutes earlier! I had NO complaints. 

     So that was my day today. quick but not so short. I still didn't leave campus until 2 something since I was hanging with friends in the library. That's how I expect most of my days to pan out- except days like that are rare, so I have to enjoy them when I can. 

Tomorrow I'll be heading to orientation and won't be coming back until Thursday.  I get to meet my potential suitemates, my teachers, set up my classes, an take a look at how I'll be living in the Fall by staying overnight in a dorm room.  All that's left is to pack up, take the last part of my placement test, and wait for what's in store. I'm ready and waiting and I'll know it'll be worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment