Today was my last day of summer school at Denmark Tech and I can say I enjoyed the ride while it lasted. I met a couple of cool people that I'm glad to have come across. I can say that at least I have those memories to go by for the rest of my summer. I've "driven the bus"( my Pacer friends know what I mean) down this first road of college for 4 quick weeks and now I'm finally approaching a yellow light. I say a yellow light instead of a red light because my summer work is not over; it has only downshifted. Before I can completely come to a stop, I must still read The Other Wes Moore this summer before Freshman Convocation on August 20th. This doesn't even bother me, because it sounded like an interesting read. The book isn't even lengthy ( only around 180 pages) so reading it will take no time at all. Only after reading, will I be completely able to come to a halt.
Technically, my summer was only 2 weeks before getting back to work. Now that I am going to be stuck at home again until Mid-August, I think I'll be bored out of my mind. I actually liked those classes because they gave me a reason to leave the house. Since that reason is now gone, I guess it's back to restless nights on the Xbox, sleeping until noon, and lamenting how boring this town is. Ironic as this may sound, this is my way of "resting" from my summer classes.
Rest is something everything college student needs. This doesn't always mean sleeping but it is anything you make of it as taking a break from something. Resting can be whatever comes to mind for "break-time." Just remember not to rest too long, because if you do, it will be hard to upshift back into work mode. That is the mode every college student should always have a mind to transition into.
No comments:
Post a Comment