Music, music, and more music. I can NEVER get enough of it. I've played drums since 5th grade and rapped as a hobby since 6th. My mind is always playing the most recent ear worm that has burrowed its way into my cranium. I have heard and played so many loud rim-shots from snare drums( and those were marching drums, so you know how noisy I'm talking about), that I think I may be going deaf before the age of 22. I usually keep a pair of drumsticks and headphones in my bag in case I get the urge to play. It is an addiction for me, although a positive one. So what to do with my musical talents that I've been blessed with now that I graduated high school? My marching band career is over for me, especially now since I had torn my ACL. That doesn't mean the music died as well, right?
Now that I'm going to college, I'm weighing my options on how to continue my music career. There's a common saying that, "if you don't use it, you lose it." I don't want that to be case and I'll develop "rusty chops." ( lose musical dexterity) Maybe I should join the pep band or take up Music Appreciation? Are there any other musical clubs I can join? Maybe I could just create my own musical club on campus and leave my own mark? I remember discussing music in class with my friend David and him suggesting that maybe we could form a band. Now, that actually sounds like a good idea. Regardless of it happening or not, I know I still want to stay musically involved in campus. Another friend of mine named Shaneika told me about the music-writing software called Finale. I heard of it before, but never looked into it. I downloaded it and found it to very helpful for composing my own music. I'm thinking of using it to just write compositions as a hobby and to write out parts so I can help out my high school drum-line with cadences. No matter what I do in college, I will make certain that music keeps an integral part of my college experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment