Recently, I've been thinking about what all should I bring when I move into my dorm room. I'll be staying there the entire year, so that seems like I'd bring a lot of stuff. But bringing a lot means taking up a lot of space, something you just don't have when sharing a room with another person. I'm the only child left in the house so I have to make the transition from living in my own room to living with someone else. I can't bring my entire house with me so I have to either bring as less as possible, or minimize as much space that my stuff takes up in the room. I've been looking up ways to do that and plenty of other interesting things called life hacks. I found some hacks for college students that will make life a little easier. Here are a few that I found at http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/important-life-hacks-every-college-student-should-know .
Lofting your bed-Find out if your school offers lofting services. Depending on the school and residence building, you can get your bed lofted for a fee or for free. If you aren't scared of heights and falling off, then bed lofting can potentially save A LOT of space. The idea is that having your bed off the ground, you can fit containers, trunks, and anything else you can think of. The higher you loft, the more vertical space you create for those containers.
Organizing Clothes- If you aren't already OCD about keeping up with your clothes then these 2 tips will greatly help in college. Do you constantly recycle soda cans while on the go to class? Wait! Before you drop those cans in the bin, keep the soda tabs for your clothes hangers. This can maximize space in cramped closets by hanging multiple garments. How about becoming tired of digging through wadded up wardrobes in your drawers? File your tees to fit more clothes in your closet or dresser.
Amplify Your Speakers- Did you miss your alarm (and class) because you were pulling an all-nighter or went to that raging party? Drop your phone in a glass cup to amplify the sound to avoid those late arrivals. You can also use this method to amplify your phone's speakers while listening to music.
Make Presentations Easier on the Eyes- Are you struggling to read your Power Points on those bright and colorful backgrounds? Use a black outline on white text to make words pop on any background.
An Easy Breakfast- Are you pressed for time before class and can't cook a full breakfast? Make scrambled eggs in a mug using your microwave, cooking spray, milk, and whatever seasonings like salt and pepper.
All of these tricks can make college lie more organized. You can always search for more college and life hacks online at http://www.hackcollege.com/ or other unmentioned hacks from the link above.
No comments:
Post a Comment