Monday, July 14, 2014

My Orientation

I wanted to blog about my orientation the same day of but couldn't and eventually forgot until today. Let me take some time to describe it. My orientation was jam-packed with informational sessions  and many fun activities.  First of all, our orientation's theme was a spoof of the Hunger Games dubbed "the Pacer Games." Our Pacesetters, our upperclassmen leaders,  set the tone throughout those two days by carrying a lot of enthusiasm. They also had us playing games like limbo, "musical beach-balls", "Have you ever...?" and Boom Chika...all of which were interesting.  These were great for breaking the ice between all of us in order to introduce ourselves.  Speaking of, I got to meet some interesting people as well on those days. I even found out some came from just the next town over from where I live.  I'll get to see them soon enough on August 21st when school starts.
     For our orientation, we were assigned to color groups according to our majors.  So for me, I was in the Navy blue group(favorite color by the way) along with other students who majored in Math/Computer Science/Engineering.  Fortunately, I met one of my future suitemates who shared the same major.  Each group was assigned to a Pacesetter who explained everything we needed to know and needed before coming to USCA.   Our groups usually reconvened and interacted with each other during most sessions so I did get to catch a glimpse of friends throughout the day.  Both days were virtually the same except on Thursday, we actually got to register for classes.  Luckily, I'll be entering USCA with 6 credit hours by virtue of these summer classes at Denmark Tech.  I'm lucky to have taken them but I'm still looking forward to starting school in August. I didn't want to leave campus!  In the meantime, I'll be finishing up my last week at Denmark Tech and enjoying the rest of what a little vacation I will have.  It's not that long since I have to read "The Other Wes Moore", attend Freshman Convocation, and get all my belongings prepped for moving into my dorm.  Regardless of the lack of a vacation, I still enjoyed the orientation if it is an indicator of what to expect this school year!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment